Frequently asked questions
Q: What is the difference between a Targeted and a Saturation mailing campaign?
A: Targeted Mail campaigns include a purchased list, where you can pick and choose your demographics of age, zip codes or radius of a zip code(s), homeownership, home value, and general net worth. Saturation campaigns mail everyone on a given mail carrier route.
Q: How are the postcards addressed?
A: With saturation mailings, the postcard is addressed to "Local Postal Customer". With targeted mailings, the postcard is addressed to the name of the person being mailed with their address below it.
Q: How often can I change my postcard artwork?
A: Your customized design can only be changed every 13 weeks, at the start of each campaign.
Q: Who owns the artwork?
A: In-house artwork and purchased art elements are copyrighted by Weekly Postcards where allowed by licensing agreements.
Q: How long can I used my purchased target list if I choose a Targeted campaign?
A: Targeted mailing campaign lists are valid for a period of one year from the beginning of the term and used for the length of the contract when applicable.
Q: What if I have a "Do Not Mail" list, or I need my purchased list scrubbed?
A: For Targeted mailing campaigns, lists are scrubbed via the National Change of Address Processing (NCOAA) and Coding Accuracy Support System Certification (CASS). We can also scrub your DNM (Do Not Mail) list if one is provided. Saturation mailings (EDDM) do not have external scrubbing capabilities.
Q: How long do campaigns run?
A: All campaigns run 13 consecutive weeks.
Q: What are the campaign package sizes available?
A: 13 week campaign packages are available in the quantities listed below:
Mini (5,000 pieces)
Small (7,500 pieces)
Medium (10,000 pieces)
Large (15,000 pieces)
Jumbo (20,000 pieces)
Q: What are the postcard sizes available for campaigns?
A: Saturation mailings are available in 6 1/4" x 9" and 6" x 11".
Targeted mailings are available in 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, 6” x 9” and 6” x 11”.
Solo mailings are available in all sizes above.
Q: What is EDDM?
A: EDDM is a bulk mailing option offered by the United States Postal Service that allows your business to reach potential customers without knowing their address. Our marketing manager will choose the routes he/she feels will best benefit your business. Postcards will be delivered to every active address on a pre-selected mail carrier route.
Q: What are the EDDM requirements set by the post office?
A: We take care of all the details for you. The only EDDM requirement we need from you is your return mailing address.
Q: Can I pick how many postcards go out per mailing for the Saturation campaigns?
A: You will work with our marketing manager to pick appropriate routes. When mailing saturation campaigns, via EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail), the actual number of pieces mailed weekly will vary to best suit mail carrier routes.
Q: What is "average weekly number of pieces mailed"?
A: The average weekly mailing number is an average of the total number of pieces to be mailed, divided by the number of weeks. With the mini and small campaigns we may skip weeks in order to fill mail carrier routes. However, the total number of postcards in the campaign will be mailed by the end of the 13 weeks.
Q: Is there a price guarantee?
A: Your price is guaranteed for the term of your campaign contract regardless of any postal, paper or industry price increases.
Q: Is there a satisfaction guarantee?
A: Yes, well kind of. If you are not satisfied with your campaign, you can cancel your contract at the end of any campaign but not during a campaign. Example: with an annual contract, you can cancel after campaigns 1, 2 or 3 but before the start of the next campaign.
Q: Is there a results guarantee?
A: No, there are too many variables that dictate the success of a campaign. Listening to our marketing manager will give you the best chance of success.
Q: Are there any additional fees?
A: There is a one-time setup fee of $99 per customer. This covers the initial design with unlimited revisions.
Q: What is the campaign cancellation policy?
A: Each 13 week campaign will be 100% printed and prepared for mailing at the beginning of the campaign. If the client cancels after the start of a 13 week campaign, there will be a cancellation charge of 50% of the remaining balance. For additional contracted 13 week campaigns, there are no cancellation charges.
Q: I am a new business, do I need credit to work with Weekly Postcards?
A: No. We use ACH weekly withdrawals from your checking account for payments. Note: Businesses under 2 years old will need to have a backup form of payment on file, in case there are insufficient funds within the checking account. In the event of insufficient funds, there is a $30 NSF charge.
Q: When do I pay?
A: You will be automatically billed weekly, and the charge will be applied to your ACH account.
Q: How can I pay?
A: Mailings are paid through ACH accounts that you set up with our marketing manager.
Terms and Conditions
What are your terms and conditions?
Terms of Service
This website is operated by Weekly Postcards LLC. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Weekly Postcards LLC. Weekly Postcards LLC offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 1 –WEBSITE’S TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 – GENERAL CONDITIONS AND REFUNDS
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
In the event of a mid-campaign cancelation, Weekly Postcards will charge 50% of the remaining balance of the campaign via ACH. Future campaigns can be terminated at no charge as long as production has not started on said campaign(s). In the event production has started, other cancelation charges may apply. Appropriate Artwork; advertisements under this agreement are subject to approval by Weekly Postcards. Weekly Postcards reserves the right to reject any material it considers unsatisfactory, inappropriate or questionable content.
This policy is necessary to meet United States Postal Service Regulations and Weekly Postcards internal standards. Response rates are not guaranteed and no representations or estimates of response rates implied or expressed should be construed as a guarantee.
SECTION 3 – ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 – MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES (if applicable)
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice (if applicable).
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 – PRODUCTS AND COPYRIGHT
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
All original copy writing, and artwork created by Weekly Postcards, its employees and sub-contractors are the property of Weekly Postcards, with the exception of purchased artwork. Purchased artwork will be governed by the purchasing license. Clients of Weekly Postcards have the right to use the artwork while remaining clients of Weekly Postcards. Weekly Postcards retains the right to use said artwork for the purposes of marketing in their portfolio or for any other use Weekly Postcards sees fit regardless of client logos or provided artwork elements by the customer.
SECTION 6 – ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address, bank information and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
SECTION 7 – OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 – THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 – USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e‑mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 10 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 11 – ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 – PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 – DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Weekly Postcards LLC, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 – INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Weekly Postcards LLC and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 – SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 – TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; amounts due will be governed by the form WPOF-20 and out cancelation policy, and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 – ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 – PAYMENT TERMS
Payments are made via ACH debits per the contracted agreements and funds are withdrawn weekly. Business’ newer than two years old may be required to give a backup form of payment.
SECTION 19 – CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 20 – Cancelation
In the event of a mid-campaign cancelation, Weekly Postcards will charge 50% of the remaining balance of the campaign via ACH as outlined in form WPOF-20. Future campaigns can be terminated at no charge as long as production has not started on said campaign(s). In the event production has started, other cancelation charges may apply and will be assessed at the discretion of Weekly Postcards LLC. In accordance with the status of the job in production.
LAST UPDATED: May 20th, 2020
I. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
II. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
III. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
IV. THIRD PARTY INTERACTIONS
V. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS & AD SERVERS; ONLINE TRACKING
VI. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
VII. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
VIII. YOUR CHOICES
IX. DATA SECURITY
X. USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
XII. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
I. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your relationship with us. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you contact us with changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for our administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
D. THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, AND WEEKLY POSTCARDS LLC CONTENT FOUND OUTSIDE THE WEBSITES
II. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Information or personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We and our third-party service providers may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you that we have grouped together as follows:
● IDENTITY INFORMATION includes name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, and gender.
● DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION includes zip code, age and/or income.
● CONTACT INFORMATION includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
● FINANCIAL INFORMATION includes bank account and payment card details (applicable if any payments were made).
● TRANSACTION INFORMATION includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us (applicable if any payments has been made).
● TECHNICAL INFORMATION includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology or other unique identifier (a set of numbers or characters that is assigned to your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you are on the Internet) (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Websites.
● PROFILE INFORMATION includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you (applicable if any orders were made), your interests, preferences, product feedback, and survey responses.
● USAGE DATA includes information about how you use our Websites, products and services, including all of the areas within our Websites that you visit or use and the time of day you visited the Websites, among other information.
● MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INFORMATION includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
● LOCATION INFORMATION includes information about your location using a variety of technologies, such as GPS, IP address, and connected or nearby Wi-Fi networks.
● USER CONTENT INFORMATION includes text (including questions, comments, and suggestions), pictures, audio, videos, or other content (collectively, "User Content") you share by participating and posting content publicly in reviews, interactive features, or other communication functionality (“Community Features”).
III. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
● DIRECT INTERACTIONS. You may give us your Identity, Demographic, Contact, Financial, Profile, or Marketing and Communications Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
● purchase our products or services;
● create an account on our Websites;
● subscribe to emails or newsletters;
● request services or other information;
● enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
● give us feedback about products, services, or the Websites.
● AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES OR INTERACTIONS.
As you navigate through the Websites, we may automatically collect Technical, Usage, and Location Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Information by using cookies, pixel tags, embedded scripts and other similar technologies. [We may also receive Technical Information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.]
● COOKIES - Cookies are small data files that a website sends to your Device while you are viewing the website that are stored on the Device. Cookies can be used for many purposes, including to monitor use of websites, to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, to speed up your searches and purchases and to recognize you when you return to our Websites and/or store your user name and password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Websites. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of the Websites or our content may not function properly.
● PIXEL TAG – Pixel Tags (also referred to as clear GIFs, 1x1 GIFs Web beacons, or Web bugs) are small graphic images or other web programming code that may be included on the Websites and in our e-mail messages. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s Device, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a pixel tag. Pixel Tags or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Websites, to monitor how users navigate the Websites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
● EMBEDDED SCRIPTS - Embedded scripts are programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Websites, such as the links you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, and is active only while you are connected to the Websites.
● FLASH LSOS – When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “flash cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, please visit:
● Technical Information from the following parties: ○ analytics providers; ○ advertising networks; and ○ search information.
● Contact, Financial and Transaction Information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
● Identity and Contact Information from publicly available sources.
● INFORMATION PROVIDED FROM OTHER USERS. If you decide to invite a third party to create an account and/or purchase our merchandise, we will collect the Identity and Contact Information you provide (e.g., name and e-mail address) for you and the third party in order to send a message to the third party and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to collect such information and contact the third party as described in the foregoing sentence. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
IV. THIRD PARTY INTERACTIONS
The information collected and stored by the third party remains subject to the third party’s privacy practices, including whether the third party continues to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices with regard to what is visible to others on that third party website or service.
V. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS & AD SERVERS; ONLINE TRACKING
Weekly Postcards LLC works with certain third parties (including network advertisers, ad agencies, and analytics companies) to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Websites, to serve advertisements, including our advertisements elsewhere online, and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Websites and the effectiveness of our advertisements.
We may share Device Identifier and Usage Data about visitors with third party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors for similar purposes. While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising and analytics services, some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
For additional information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members and DAA Self-Regulatory Program participating companies, you may visit:
● NAI Opt-Out Tool (for website users):
● DAA Consumer Choice (for website users): http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
● DAA AppChoices (for mobile app users): http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Websites and elsewhere online. Some third parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. However, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, the Websites currently do not respond to or alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
VI. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you, including Personal Information and Usage Data:
● to provide you with our products and services and related customer service;
● to process your registration and account creation with the Websites, including verifying your contact information is active and valid;
● to identify you as a user in our system;
● to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
● to provide improved administration of our Websites and services;
● (if applicable) to process transactions you initiate, process payments and provide accurate billing and shipping;
● (if applicable) to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order confirmations, order status updates, security, or support and maintenance advisories;
● (if applicable) to bill you for Weekly Postcards LLC products or services;
● respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
● send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes of Weekly Postcards LLC;
● to market our products/ services, including recommending products / services that might be of interest to you;
● to improve our Websites, product and service offerings;
● to present our Websites and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer;
● to customize and tailor your experience on the Websites, for example, by displaying content that we think you might be interested in;
● to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services for internal business purposes;
● to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
● to notify you about changes to our service;
● to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
● to contact you with regard to your use of the Websites and, in our discretion, changes to the Websites policies or functionality; and
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.You will receive newsletters or marketing communications from us if you have requested information from, purchased goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have consented receiving marketing communications at that time.
A cookie is a data file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Websites more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain information about blocking and deleting cookies for some commonly used browsers via the links below:
● CHROME: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en;
● EDGE: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy;
● FIREFOX: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences;
● INTERNET EXPLORER: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
● OPERA: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/; and
● SAFARI: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411.
Please note that blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites and if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our Websites.
VII. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. INTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Weekly Postcards LLC may, and reserves the right to, share your information with any other company that is not presently, but becomes, a Weekly Postcards LLC parent, subsidiary, or affiliate. You may be presented with an opportunity to receive information and/or marketing offers from Weekly Postcards LLC and our affiliated businesses, partners and agents. If you agree at that time to receive such communications, your Personal Information will be disclosed to that third party (or parties). For more information, please refer to the Marketing Communications section.
B. EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Third Party Service Providers
We may also share Information when we work with businesses, partners or agents to develop a direct relationship with you or in connection with the Referral Program.
These service providers may store or use your information outside of the EU or United States.
Administrative & Legal Reasons
We may transfer and disclose information, including Personal Information, to third parties:
● to comply with a valid legal inquiry, investigation, or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order, or if in our opinion such disclosure is required by law;
● to obtain or maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain professional advice, or establish, exercise or defend legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
● to protect the safety, interests, rights, property or security of Weekly Postcards LLC, you, or any third party; this may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
● to respond to a breach or attempted breach of the security of our Websites;
● at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
We may also use Technical Information to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers, or law enforcement agencies in our discretion.
Social Networking Sites
As set forth in Section III, our Websites and services enable you to post User Content through Community Features. If you choose to use these features, you will be identified by your first name and last initial. Please note that any Personal Information you include on a public area of the Site will be publicly viewable. Once displayed publicly, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put data such as private contact information that you do not want to make available to the public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
C. SHARING BETWEEN WEEKLY POSTCARDS LLC COMPANIES; BUSINESS TRANSFERS
VIII. YOUR CHOICES
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Websites and services:
A. ACCESSING, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR DELETING INFORMATION
You can review, request access to, update, correct or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may request deletion of your Personal information by contacting us and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. Also, note that we may need to delete your user account in order to delete your Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you contact us with changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for our administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
B. OPTING OUT
C. CHOOSING NOT TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you may still be able to access and use some of the Websites; however you may not be able to access and use those portions of the Websites that require your Personal Information. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails by following the opt-out instructions above or provided to you in those e-mails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of any of the Websites (for example, administrative and service announcements, shipping notices, and order confirmations) and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
D. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can opt-out of such communications as outlined in Section B, above Please note that you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
E. DE-LINKING THIRD PARTY INTERACTIONS AND SNS
As set forth in Section IV, our Websites and services enable you to interact with or post content to certain third parties and SNSs. If you would like to discontinue these interactions and connections, please refer to the privacy settings of the third party or SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
IX. DATA SECURITY
Weekly Postcards LLC uses commercially reasonable security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please note that no system can be completely secure and Weekly Postcards LLC does not ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You use our Websites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
X. USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The Websites are hosted and operated in the United States and third party service providers and partners operate in the United States and other jurisdictions. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the United States and other countries. By using the Websites, or providing us with any information, you acknowledge and consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in countries where the privacy laws may be less stringent than those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
XII. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION
B. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
● Where we need to perform obligations relating to a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
● Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Our legitimate interests include those related to conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
● Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided above.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
D. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see the Request Erasure subsection below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
E. CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
F. EU RESIDENT PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, EU Residents may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as outlined below:
● REQUEST ACCESS to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
● REQUEST CORRECTION of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
● REQUEST ERASURE of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons that will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
● OBJECT TO PROCESSING of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information that override your rights and freedoms.
● REQUEST RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
● REQUEST THE TRANSFER of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
● WITHDRAW CONSENT at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What We May Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit To Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Complaints to Supervisory Authority
EU Residents may have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority for data protection issues. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please first contact us directly to allow us to do so.